oh the joy of braces


Andy has had braces for a little over a year now.  I think that it's so cool that he is 30 years old and has braces.  It just makes him unique. He can really relate to the high school folks he ministers too...he he he. There were a couple of times that he was given a "late pass" for "school" when he has had to go in early in the morning to get them adjusted. Wow, that's a pretty thick beard for a high school student.

I remember the first day Andy got braces he called me to say it looks like a train wreck in my mouth.  Yesterday he called right after I dropped Wyatt off at school to tell me he had to show me something. I knew he had an orthodontist appointment and I was getting excited b/c I thought that Dr. P had taken off his braces {he told Andy it would be very soon}. 

Well, not so much. Andy met me in the parking lot at school to show me the bajillion rubber bands he has to wear across his teeth. I was trying not to laugh...he was not laughing nor could he barely open his mouth.  He was told to wear them about 12 hours a day....like that...mostly at night would be fine.  The poor guy had a very important meeting yesterday and had not had breakfast so he had to take all those rubber bands off, and then last night he took out the diagram to figure out how to put them all back on. You know his mouth has to be sore! 

I want to show some before pictures of his teeth...it is amazing-but I am going to wait until he gets his braces off.  

Comments

notes of em said…
that. is amazing. had a fantastic time with you today!

Popular Posts