my playlist
So today I got outside, by myself, and soaked in this amazing weather. I went to my favorite park that has an excellent walking trail and took in 2 miles of sunshine and fresh air. Praise the Lord. I love to be outside and mainly walk but run too from time to time. One thing I would love to do is run a 1/2 marathon. I so badly want to do one and some how this year I am going to figure out how to train for one and go for it. {Come on Mindy, I know you will do this with me.} It's hard having 2 kids and finding the time but I am going to just have to find the time. Before Boone was born my routine {with Wyatt} would be to get up, eat, and go to the park to walk. I even did this when I was prego with Boone...up until the few weeks before he was born. And just so you know it didn't make any difference on the weight gain....I still gained the same amount with both boys...a good ole 40 pounds! So how do you walk in the park with two kids and one stroller? It has been tough and I have been eating all winter to stay warm {he he he}. I have a sit and stand {which I think I am going to sell, hardly used....anyone interested?} but what I need is a double jogger. I look on Craigslist every day for one...no luck. {Anyone know of a used one...for a good deal?} I need to get back in my groove....especially with the warm weather around the corner...I'm ready to get out and be active.
Today Andy kept the boys so I could go walk, hallelujah. He has been out of a town a bunch. He was gone a couple weeks back for Spring Break with his YL guys, for 6 days. Then this week he was gone 2 nights, then last night he was gone for a YL overnight. Ahhhhh we are so thrilled to have him home. It was nice to be out by myself for a little bit. {And I am super pumped about our date tonight!}
I took my iPod with all my random songs on it and totally grooved to the music. It pumps me up to have my music. I get so energized. Andy got me my iPod off eBay a few years ago so on it I have random songs that the previous owner had on there, then Andy has used it in the past for some YL things, then I have put my own collection of favorites.
Here are some songs I listened to today, most are old school, but they were rockin' out:
1. ABC {Jackson 5}
2. Ain't Too Proud to Beg {The Temptations}
3.Louisiana Saturday Night {Alabama}
4. Always Be My Baby {Mariah Carey}
5. Beautiful Soul {Jesse McCartney}
6. Because of You {Kelly Clarkson}
7. Bless the Broken Road {Raschal Flatts}
I know, totally random.
What are some of your favorites to "work out" to?
Comments