the mittens


Do you notice anything different in this picture?
Yes, Wyatt is wearing his mittens while he sleeps.
Oh this child of mine.
So stubborn.
So hard headed.
So much like me.
We have gone through many strange phases with Wyatt.
Over the summer he had to have this specific toy hammer with him at all times. It was like a security blanket. He took it everywhere and we always made sure we had it with us when we left the house. 
 He has also been very, I should say, extremely, particular with his clothes. It really started when he was deciding he wanted to wear underwear. 
He would change them all day. They were clean, but he just felt the need to try on different pairs...so I let him. I thought if this was the way to get him potty trained I'll do it.
Little did I know it would lead to changing clothes all day, every day.
It was fine in the beginning then it started to wear me out changing his clothes.
So I told him-that's it. If you want to change clothes you have to do it yourself. If you get a shirt dirty and you want to change it, then you have to take it to the laundry room. The boy learned to get dressed by himself pretty quickly.
Then it was the batman shirt. All the time. He wanted to sleep in it and then wear all the next day. 
Now, the green baseball shirt. Same thing. Wants to sleep in it and then wear it all the next day.
He doesn't like wearing his regular pajamas but instead wants to come up with his own "night night" clothes. 
Sometimes I am ok with this and others I make him wear his pj's...I mean that's what pj's are for-to sleep in!
I have decided I am not going to buy as much clothes for him for this spring and summer because he would rather have the batman and "green baseball" shirt ....that I got from...Goodwill...for $2. 
There is no sense in buying a bunch of cute clothes because he won't wear them! I guess this is ok, it saves us money. 
So on top of the changing of clothes all day every day-he wants to wear his mittens.
I will only let him wear them at home.
And then he wants to sleep in them.
Seriously.
So I let him b/c there are other things worth "battling" for and this for me is just not one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts