a pirate
I had to run out tonight for about an hour, Andy has YL club, so my mom was gracious enough to keep the boys. I got home and Wyatt was on the couch. I asked him where grandmother was and he told me she was in his room. So I go to his room and my mom is changing the sheets on his bed. She tells me they had a little accident. Wyatt's lid to his sippy cup was not on tight and spilled. all. over. the. bed.

The funny thing is I just washed his comforter three days ago because I totally forgot to put a diaper on him before he went to bed and the boy peed everywhere.
So as we speak the washing machine is running at 9:15 p.m.
And I never give Wyatt a sippy cup of milk before he goes to bed, I think he just "sweet talks" my mom.
We laugh about the situation since there's no sense in crying over spilled milk.
My mom leaves, I go to check on Boone and notice something in the bed with him. Something that should not be in bed with him. An earring? A pirate earring?
Wyatt has some pretend pirate toys and part of that is this plastic loop earring. Nothing sharp about it. He was playing with it before I left and I guess he decided to share with Boone.
I could not help but laugh because Boone is sleeping on his side, his favorite position, and his little chubby hand is holding the pirate earring.
I call my mom and she felt terrible. She honestly just never saw it when she went to put him to bed. That sneaky little fellow wants to be a shipmate.
She called me back a little bit later to make sure I check him out and that there are no parts missing from the earring.
None missing. My mom told me she was going to have to take babysitting 101 again.
She is a super grandmother. She is so loved and we are so loved by her.
Eye-eye matey.
Comments