makenna
Our hearts hurt.
Hurt for Angie, her husband Mike and their families.
Angie is Andy's step sister. She had a little girl Makenna 6 weeks ago.
Makenna was 11 ounces at birth, she was born at 24 weeks. She was a little fighter.
Makenna developed an infection she could not beat and passed away last night.
On top of this sadness the doctors have found a blood clot the size of a golf ball on Angie's lung.
Please pray with us.
Pray for Angie's health. Pray the Lord would heal her physically, emotionally, spiritually. That He would restore her.
Pray for peace. Pray for peace that surpasses all understanding.
I was cooking a meal this afternoon for a dear friend of ours who fell and broke his hip.
I was making a recipe that Andy's mom gave me years ago. Baked spaghetti. Ooooh yum. The Christmas before she passed away she made all the daughters-in-law little cookbook scrapbooks with our husbands favorite recipes in them. What an awesome idea...who would have thought a month later she would be gone. That was over 4 years ago and when I go to get out my cookbook I think of how much she loved and cared for her family. During this time of sadness for a family member it's hard not to think of Donna.
I was talking to Andy's step mom on Saturday and she said such a beautiful thing.
Death...is not the worse thing that can happen.
We as believers of Jesus Christ know that. We know that this is not it.
I personally feel Makenna is with the Lord.
I pray that through her life and her death people/family would come to know Jesus.
Our prayer is that He would draw them closer.
I want to share this recipe because it is so good, so easy, and so yum yummy.
Baked Spaghetti 
Ingredients:
1 large can Prego with meat sauce
1/2 box thin spaghetti
1 large can cream of mushroom soup
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb ground chuck
Prepare spaghetti according to box.
Brown meat adding salt and pepper and small amounts of Italian seasonings.
Drain meat and put aside.
Put spaghetti in the bottom of baking dish.
Add meat mixture, spoon cream of mushroom soup on top of meat.
Pour Prego sauce over soup using about 3/4 of jar.
Stick knife into Prego at several places so it will go to bottom of pan.
Add cheddar cheese and bake at 400 degrees for about 1 hour.
Thank you for your thoughts and your prayers.
May the Lord be glorified!
Comments