a little hodge podge




My friend Mindy gave me this idea for the entry way in my house. I already had a few pictures up but I really thought it needed more. I am going to add some more to it along the way. Ah, you should see her wall of pictures going up her stairs...unbelievable. And several of the pictures on my wall are taken by her. Thanks Mins...I know you are reading this. :) Love ya, mean it.

So I took a little trip to Goodwill yesterday while Andy was home for about an hour or so (go without kids if you can-you have more time to dig).  And this chair was sitting all by its lonesome just waiting for someone to rescue it. The price on it was $8 but I asked if they would take any less...and I got it for 5 bucks!!!!! I got the fabric at Walmart and I am in love with it. 
I am trying to incorporate this color into my house. I am using the chair to go with my computer desk. I have some more fabric leftover that I am trying to figure out what to do next. I really really want to learn to sew. I first need a sewing machine...where I will put it I have no idea...I have ideas in my head but I need a machine to do them. My friends Emily, Katie J., and Shannon rock my face off with what they can sew! 

I got this little basket too for a buck and went to town with some spray paint. Looks pretty good as a toilet paper holder. Ha ha.

This dude is so cool. We decided to try the fauxhawk today since I'm a big fan of it. We are in the process of growing his hair back out.  Wyatt has 3 cowlicks...what a funny name...so having it short makes it a tad harder to control them unless we were to keep it super short all the time...and really I just don't think I like that on him.

{Meeshka Mooshka Mickey Mouse}



Comments

notes of em said…
that chair ROCKS!!! you have a great eye for knowing an items potential. And lets get you a sewing machine, and get on it. I know you would have some great creations.
Anonymous said…
Love it! I'm bringing my sewing machine over for you to use. Let's plan a date not next week but the next. I've been dying to hang out with you.

Popular Posts