i'm going to be real honest.....
I have been thinking about this blog entry all day, all weekend and I'm just trying to figure out where to start. It's healing for me to write and get my thoughts down and right now that is what I need to do.
Friday night we got a flat tire. A bad flat tire. We were on our way home from the funeral and never saw this huge chunk of concrete in the road that seemed like it came out of no where and we nailed it straight on. It could have been worse and we are so thankful our boys were not with us. Andy gets out of the car and has to change the tire...in his suit. And you know what makes this even better...it starts to rain. Lovely.
{Putting the hubcap back on.}
But you know what there are good people who want to help others. Andy's brother Jimmy and family were in town for the funeral and thankfully they picked me up so we could get home and relieve the babysitter. Jimmy stayed with Andy and that made me feel better because I didn't want to just leave him there. Ya know what else? There was this nice couple that the husband offered to get down and fix the tire b/c Andy was in his suit and he didn't want him to mess it up. Complete stranger, in the dark, in the rain, willing to help change our tire. Thank you God.
Wyatt was so excited to see Jim, his cousin...they are 2 months apart in age. Instead of going to bed at his normal time we let him stay up to play with his cousins. He had such a blast. I mean the boy was excited. So it was late and at 10:00 Jim splits his head open on the door frame to Wyatt's bedroom. Three words....blood...emergency room. So Jimmy, Kaci {our sister-in-law} and little Jim head to the ER and get there at 10:40. Do you want to know what time they got home? 3:o0 in the morning! And you know what Jim got? 1 staple in his head. Yes, a staple...no stitches, just 1 staple. He is fine and has not even complained about it. Thank you God.
Saturday late afternoon Wyatt fell asleep on our couch. He has never done this-that is how tired he was. I had to run up to the store and get some groceries, I told Andy have him go to the bathroom when you wake him up because he will pee on the couch. Too late. By the time I left the neighborhood Wyatt had peed on the couch. About 3o minutes or so later he fell down and skinned both knees. Just one thing after the other. I am thankful for a husband who helps clean pee off of couches and kisses skinned knees. Thank you God.
{Two tired men.}
This morning we dedicated our boys at church. What an exciting day. A day we have really been looking forward to. Our boys did great! I was really more nervous about Wyatt freaking out but he did awesome. We were so proud of how he behaved. We had scripture picked out for each boy and their verses got a little switched up. Correct verses, just not the correct one for each boy. Honestly after this weekend, I really need to laugh. Complaining? Yes, I am complaining. Should I be? No. We love our children. We vow to raise our children in a home that loves Jesus Christ and points them to God. God is still the same. God knows the scripture for each of our children. Thank you God.
It seems like a lot happened all at once in the past few days. I feel like I have kept a pretty good attitude but today I feel emotional. I am just tired today. My heart is heavy for Angie and Mike. Nothing I have mentioned can even compare to the heartbreak they have for the loss of their child. I just can't fathom. I have no idea how she feels. I have no idea how they hurt but being a parent I can only imagine. I pray God continues to draw them to Him. That they will feel His presence with them as they wake and as they sleep and throughout their day. Makenna lived for 39 days. They only got to hold her 2 times. 2 times. I take so much for granted.
I have been reading this blog that I came across several months back. I read it on and off but last week I read a blog post that captured my heart and every day, several times a day I check in to see what is going on. I have found myself throughout the day praying for this little 5 month old boy, Stellan, that I have never met. A family that I do not know. A family that loves Jesus and is praying for Stellan's heart to heal. I also think of my friend, Emily who's friend has a little girl, Lilah. She is the same age as Boone. You can read her story too- here. She needs continued prayer for her health. These parents need prayer. These are such beautiful babies that God is using to touch many many people. God...you..are...good.
I have to keep telling myself what is true. Even when things suck, when things don't go the way we want them to, or plan them to...God is still good. God is FAITHFUL. God is all we need.
We came back to the house after church and had lunch with our family. Grandparents, Great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We did something we didn't plan on doing. We prayed. Both our fathers and Grammy {Andy's grandmother} prayed such beautiful words. Andy closed and prayed Wyatt and Boone's scripture over them. It was a special time for our family. A special day. Thank you God that you are in control. Thank you that you offer peace and comfort and I pray you let your love cover Angie and Mike, and Stellan, and Lilah. Thank you God.
{Wyatt and Jim doing their "tough" football face.}
{This makes me laugh out loud.}
Wyatt:
"I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."
Ephesians 3: 16-17
Boone:
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that takes refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8
Comments