egg whites




In keeping with my goal of decorating for holidays {especially for my kids} I found these random eggs at the thrift store. 25 cents each. You heard that correctly, 25 cents. So I sprayed some primer, then some white spray paint, then some glossy spray and thought it needed a touch more.

I got this idea from this website where this girl speckled the eggs for her wreath. The speckling doesn't  look that great on these but it was worth a try. I took some acrylic paint and an old paint brush and flicked the bristles to get the sort of speckled egg look.

I don't really know what I am going to do with these eggs or where to put them...maybe I will give them as little gifts with something fun in them. Who knows, but it was fun.

I have always enjoyed doing little crafty projects. I wish I was original but I really just get ideas from other people.  For a long time I had lost that creative side to me and wondered really if it was going to come back especially since having 2 children. But slowly I am seeing it come forth.  This is a blessing from the Lord because I find great joy and therapy in taking photos, blogging, doing projects. Thank you Jesus. Thank you bringing it back.

Comments

marla said…
Again, I love your vision. They are adorable! You could use them to display eggs (u know with the color and vinegar/stickers/crayons etc) that the boys decorate and put them in the center of your table or something? Whatever u do. Very cute.

Popular Posts