30
Today I am 30.
Not sure if that has sunk in with me yet or not.
I always feel like I am 23...of course until I look in the mirror...maybe that is because that was the age I was when I got married.
I wonder when, and if, I am going to stop feeling 23.
Not sure if I want to-but not sure that I want to miss out on what the 30's have to offer.
My hubby hubs took me to my favorite "expensive" restaurant on Saturday.
The Melting Pot and yes, it was oh so good and I think I gained 10 lbs that night.
Andy usually takes me there every other year for my birthday and this year just happened to be for my 30th! I told him I didn't want anything for my birthday-seriously-just The Melting Pot.
Then are you ready for this, he told me we were going to the downtown theater {which has the COOLEST atmosphere} and I could pick which movie I wanted to see.
My choices: He's Just Not That In To You or Confessions of a Shopaholic
Really?
I was super pumped!
And so we saw Confessions of a Shopaholic and I laughed out loud.
We got home late, after midnight late, and thanked our super awesome babysitter, Hannah, who rocks my face off, for loving on and caring for our two boys.
Today my mom came to the house to keep the boys for me while I got a manicure {my first real one} and to let me just go run around by myself. It was so nice. Tonight we have a YL Committee Meeting at our house. It's going to kind of be like a party. Fun. And my sweet momma ordered a cake for me and even supplied the candles, napkins and plates. Sweet her. Love her.
30's here I come. Ready or not.
Happy Day.
Comments
kt