Wyatt's first.....






Today was Wyatt's first day at Mother's Day Out! We were able to get him in one day a week to a great program that we are all excited about. Woohoo. So last night I packed his lunch, laid out his clothes, and packed his backpack. I woke up early before my kids, which rarely ever happens, took a shower, which rarely ever happens, got us ready and out the door-on time. Andy was able to go with us and that was a special treat to have Daggy follow us there and walk into school with Wyatt.
Wyatt was in a great mood all morning. Not once complained about having to get his clothes on and go to school. He wore his lunchbox around all morning and as you see in the pictures he wanted to wear the lunchbox rather than the backpack. That's Wyatt, doing his own thing, not doing the "norm", having a mind of his own. I wanted him to take a picture with his backpack on but he didn't-he wanted the lunchbox. That to me was not worth arguing over. I look at this situation and I step back for a moment and realize this could be a good thing. I pray that as Wyatt gets older and is faced with many temptations and tons of peer pressure that he doesn't give in, that he stands his ground, that he is the man God calls him to be. I hear way too many stories of kids doing drugs, drinking, having sex, and the list goes on, and sadly this is becoming the "norm".  Andy and I always talk about how strong willed Wyatt is and stubborn he can be but God has designed him and created him. Things that I can get so frustrated about may just be a blessing. I prayed this morning with Wyatt as we drove to school that he would listen and obey his teachers, be kind and use his manners, I thanked the Lord for his safety and protection over my oldest. I really thought Wyatt may cry and I would for sure shed tears....but no...none...not on either end. None from him and none from me....yet. 

But I will let you know that as we are standing there talking to the teacher I hear this strange noise and realize it's Wyatt GROWLING! It was almost like he was purring. I am laughing as I type because it was the strangest/funniest thing and he's never done that before. I think he was excited but also unsure and this was his way of expressing himself. I love it. Again, he's doing his thing outside the "norm"...being his own person. Thank you Jesus for this gift from above.


"BEFORE I FORMED YOU IN THE WOMB I KNEW YOU."
JEREMIAH 1:5

Comments

marla said…
Yeah for Mother's Day out!! Way to go getting everything ready and out the door. That isn't easy! I'm so excited for you to have a day in the week with a little bit of a break and so excited for him too to get to be with other kids, etc. Praise the Lord for this day, and for the way he has created Wyatt. It's amazing how they all come with their own software, and it seems we're there to guide, love and most of the time just along for the ride! HA! Know that I pray for your babies too. Love them! Love you! Have a great day!!!
notes of em said…
I cant wait to hear how it all went!
How funny for him to be growling, I wonder what that was about... to excited for words maybe?
You also need to blog on what you did while he was at school.
I love who God has created him to be, such a blessing to you and your family.
love you
Shannon said…
So glad it went smoothly! I hope YOU enjoyed your time! Love, Shan

Popular Posts