New Year-2009
When we were little I remember my parents would have a New Year's Eve party and at midnight cook breakfast. Andy and I thought that would be such a fun tradition to start. It was very last minute but we had our friends the Cunninghams (who we have not seen in a super long time), Chris Law (or as I like to call him Coleslaw-he is going through YL leader training) and the Bumbles (aka the Meyers). We played some speed scrabble....which is super fun and then rang in the New Year together with bacon, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and biscuits...along with coffee and OJ (prepared by Andy O). Wyatt and Boone were snuggled in their beds and even after the smoke detector went off they still never woke up. That's a beautiful thing. We did not go to bed until 2AM and the boys were up at 730 this morning! You can bet we are drinking our coffee as I am typing and maybe at some point take a nap today, although I doubt it.
I am thankful for 2008 to be over. I think the best thing to come out of 2008 for me was Boone. I am ready for 2009. Ready for a new year, new beginnings, new goals, ready to see what the Lord is bringing. And I hope that I will not be wishing this year away like I feel I did with 2008. I hope to have less tears and more joy. Less complaining and more thanksgiving.
Here is to 2009-Happy New Years!
Comments