i think i might be his best friend

{photo by mindy}
Today my sister-in-law and niece came over today. Wyatt and Ryan are 10 months a part and good buddies. Ryan has the funniest personality...you can tell she is my brother's child. She loves Wyatt so much and he loves her. However today Ryan wanted Wyatt to play with her and he told me he "just wanted to watch". I think it was because we were at our house and he was having to share his toys. They did have a good time and finally after an hour or so Wyatt warmed up. 

Wyatt is my shadow...I kid you not. I have probably talked about this before but Wyatt is always at my heels. He does not enjoy playing by himself but would rather be right beside me at all times...literally. It's hard to even go to the bathroom by myself. Anyway I try to encourage him to play with toys...he got some awesome toys for Christmas and still would rather be doing whatever I am doing. 

Later this afternoon I asked Wyatt some questions and it went like this:

Me: Wyatt, would you rather play with your toys or play with Mommy?
W: play wit mawmee.

Me: Would you rather play with your friends or play with Mommy?
W: play wit mawmee.

Me: Would you rather eat or play with Mommy?
W: play wit mawmee.

Me: Would you rather play with your trucks and tractors or play with Mommy?
W: play wit mawmee.

Me: Would you rather watch a movie or play with Mommy?
W: watch a moovviiee!

Ok so except for the movie he would rather do EVERYTHING with me. Our conversation made me laugh and also reminded me that one day he will not want to do all these things with me and to be thankful for NOW. 


{photo by mindy}

Comments

notes of em said…
LOVE w in the grass, and you two snuggling. mindy did you well.
and if you ever are able to figure out a way to go to the bathroom by yourself, PLEASE let me know.

Popular Posts