ear infections.cvs.taco bell

Oh yeah...another ear infection...this time...Boone. I don't know what is up with our ears. Wyatt started out having his first one about a month ago, then Monday my ear started to ache and bothered me for a few days, and now poor baby Boone has an infection in his right ear. It is mild but there is fluid in his ear. Antibiotics here we come. :(
He has not been himself for the past 5 or so days, not sleeping well, not eating too well, and has been cranky-which is not like him. I thought he might be teething, but no teeth coming through, he has not been napping well either so I thought he was overtired. Thank you Marla for mentioning, "do you think it could be his ears".......I had not even though about that. So this afternoon off we went to see our pediatrician...and sure enough fluid.
It has to be tough being the second child because he is going to most likely get whatever Wyatt gets, poor guy.
So off to CVS to fill the prescription and what does the Pharm. tech. say when I hand him the prescription to be filled..."Is this for an animal?"
What?!
Ok, so Boone could be a good name for a dog, we know that but -what?
"Um, no that is my son. He goes by Boone but it may be under William in your system."
"Oh, sorry I see, well when they put a name in quotes it usually means it is an animal."
Huh?!
Once we clarified that it was for my 6 month old, I drove off being totally paranoid that Boone's prescription was going to be filled for an animal. So what do I do...I called the pharmacy and spoke to the pharmacist to make sure we were on the same page and to double check to make sure the pharmacist was filling his prescription not the tech, who was in high school. No offense.
And just so you know when vets write a prescription for an animal they do put their name in quotes. But the good thing is that our CVS does not carry medicine for animals only humans and only pharmacists and certified pharmacy techs can fill the prescriptions that call for mixing..such as an antibiotic. I know Boone has a different name...so many people think we are saying "Ben" and I'm like no..."Boone, like Daniel Boone." People are not really sure what to say but that is ok because we LOVE it. That was a first at CVS and I am totally not offended, just a little confused and again wanted to make sure I was not going to be giving my child medicine for a dog or goat or whatever.
Then on to Taco Bell because today is Taco Bell Thursday at our house (for me and Wyatt b/c Andy has YL club)....(I know you may be grossed out but we love Taco Bell)...and every time I go through the drive thru they ALWAYS forget something. Every time. So now I check it before I drive off, like tonight for instance because they forgot our cinnamon twists.
{Here is Boone eating green beans...he doesn't look too thrilled.}
{ And Wyatt eating a powdered doughnut-he was thrilled. }
I hope my little buddy recovers quickly. I don't know if this was the lingering of an ear infection or the beginning of one or neither but hopefully he will feel better soon and enjoy his green beans and new foods he has been trying and not so much liking.

{And side note: Boone weighed in at 19lbs and 7 oz!  I won't get to take him to his 6 month check up until he is 7 months...more to come.}

Comments

I noticed that when we have Helen's prescriptions filled at CVS, they always put her name in quotation marks! I always thought that was strange, but no one ever asked if she was a pet! How funny!
notes of em said…
that is awesome! Who would ask you to fill a pets prescription at a pharmacy. Sounds like they need someone else to talk to the customers. He is definately nor a goat! That's funny.
As for the heat, yes you need more calories to keep warm, your body expends more energy keeping warm therefore more food us needed. The same is true when your pregnant with a boy, they take more energy to "grow."
We keep our heat on, get this, 64!!!!
And it's not that cold, I'd get your thermostat checked,67 is pretty warm.
marla said…
That picture of BOone is stinkin hilarious!!! I hope he is feeling better. THe whole animal thing is also crazy. Glad to know about the quotes. (I love his name too by the way!!)
Taco Bell? Seriously? Tim will have to come eat w/ you guys sometime. He loves it too.

Popular Posts