4 years ago
4 years ago today Andy's mom passed away.
We miss her so very much.
There are still times where I have wanted to pick up the phone to call her and tell her about something funny Wyatt said or to come see what I got for the house, or just to check in on her. I know Andy does the same and probably more. I have thought about her today and especially about Andy. Especially as I listened to him singing so patiently the Elmo sing-along-book Wyatt picked out for him to read before bed.
He's such a great dad.
Donna was so proud of her children.
I can't imagine how proud she would be if she could have seen Andy be a daddy.
Andy takes time with our kids. He is never in a hurry. He never complains and is always willing.
We have always called Wyatt our little angel because we got pregnant with him a month after Donna passed away. It's amazing how the Lord works...how one life is taken but another life is brought into the world. I believe the Lord gave us Wyatt at just the right time, even though we wish Donna could have been a part of the lives of her grandchildren.
We often see Donna in Wyatt. He has her nose and forehead. The pictures of her when she was a little girl favor Wyatt so much.
When Andy and Boone are face to face they look so much alike. Some features of Donna are in Boone as well because Andy looks just like his mom.
I am thankful for a wonderful son that Donna and Jim have raised.
I could never never ever ask for a better father to our children.
We are his number one fans.
The pain never really goes away after you lose someone, you just learn how to live with it and use it to help others.
We miss Donna, Mama D, we always will.
Comments