Visiting Granny
I really don't even know where to begin.
Yesterday we went to visit my- almost 101 year old Granny- for the day...and what a blessing for our family.
We have always left Christmas morning, after we open gifts, to visit Granny but this year will be different. Now that Wyatt is getting older and with Boone being "new" we have decided to stay home on Christmas day and make some new traditions for our family.
So yesterday we took the 2 1/2 hour trip over the mountain and through the woods...to visit my Granny.
These pictures are not the best quality, but the content speaks volumes to me. This was the first time she got to see Boone and hold him. Wyatt was her biggest fan. He talked her ear off, he was so comfortable around her. All he wanted to do was sit in Granny's lap and have all her attention. Honestly I don't know if we could have gotten what we did yesterday if we had gone on Christmas day b/c there are so many people. There is so much to share but this was one thing that made my heart pound:
Andy is getting Wyatt in the car...
W: Daggy? (this is what he calls Andy)
A: Yea buddy.
W: I sad.
A: Why are you sad Wyatt.
W: I want Granny.
I am so grateful for our visit with Granny and that the boys had such a great time. I am thankful for a husband who is so patient and so willing to go and be with us and for my mom who gives her time to go early and help Granny get ready for Christmas. I love Granny.
I love my family.
Comments