The 3 year check-up
I guess we make some big boys because I took Wyatt today for his 3 year check up and he was 38.6 pounds (95%) and 40.5 inches (97%)!!!
He did great at his check up. He had to do an eye exam and he passed...woohoo. He thought it was a game so of course he thought it was fun. My friends Emily and Marla got him a little doctor's kit when Boone was born (great idea) and so we brought that with us and it made everything so much easier. He thought it would be fun to be the doctor on me while Dr. Lin was checking him out. We did get the flu shot and finger prick and he was not too fond of that but who would be.
I was a little speechless a few times. The nurse had to ask all the parent questions...how many servings of fruit does he get ( I knew this would not be a problem), how many servings of meat, breads, and of course vegetables. Yikes! Then on to how many times a week do you go out to eat and what does he eat when you go out.
And the last question how much TV does your child watch.
I was seriously laughing out loud. The nurse said, "I don't judge- I just ask the questions."
I really wonder how many parents answer those questions truthfully. I admit I was a little embarrassed by some of my answers however when Dr. Lin asked Wyatt what he like to eat the first thing he said was "fruit"....yay Wyatt-great answer (he was being honest, he LOVES ANY fruit) then of course he said hamburgers and hot dogs.
Comments