simple joys and little boys

 I had a million thoughts running through my head as I was trying to get Boone to bed tonight and thought I would share. I am tired, very tired. Some days I have a lot of energy and motivation and drive and other days I don't...today was one of those days. I literally stayed in my pajamas all day until Andy came home at 5:30 and I handed Boone to him and then took a shower. Actually we all stayed in our pajamas today and I had to switch shirts twice...once for spit up (which is rare, Boone never spits up) and the other for poop (which is quite often). We also watched TV all day long except for maybe 2 hours. I know- what am I thinking letting my 3 year old watch this much TV but I'll be honest there are days (and we have many) that we just have to do it to get through the day. So yes, I let my child watch TV more than an hour a day. 

Wyatt has discovered he loves Dora and Diego. That's great except he is terrified of Swiper. He has talked about Swiper all day today. "What's Swiper doin?" "Where's Swiper Mommy?" "I got in your bed with you and Daggy this mornin' because I was scared of Swiper." "He's just a silly ole fox." 

Correct me if I'm wrong Dora watchers, but Swiper is a fox that wears an "eye mask" and he is just one of the characters on the show. He "swipes" things I guess. Anyway I can see how that could scare a little kid so why would they put something that is like a "bandit" on a kids show geared for pre-schoolers that could give them nightmares?  Or maybe this is just my child. I don't know if we will be watching anymore of Dora. 

Bedtime. Wyatt has always been a great sleeper. He also took a paci up until a month before Boone was born and then we said bye bye "bebe". From time to time he still asks me about his bebe's. Well since we have gotten rid of them he has not been the best sleeper. He seems to wake up more in the middle of the night and take FOREVER to get to sleep. He almost always comes out a minute after we put him to bed. I dread bedtime. 98% of the time I put the boys to bed 5 out of 7 nights. This is because of Andy's job not b/c he doesn't want to. When he is home he is usually the one to get at least Wyatt to bed. I struggle with bedtime b/c Boone is either ready to eat or go to bed. I would love to get Wyatt to bed at 7:30 and no later than 8:00. But it is crazy right now since Boone is still so little and usually it's between 7:30-8:00 that he is either ready to eat or go to sleep. Therefore I end up pushing Wyatt's bedtime back and before I know it it's 9:00. Ugh. I should be in bed right now instead of blogging. I am waiting for the day that they will both nap at the same time...if that day will ever come...who knows Wyatt will probably be through taking naps at that point. Ha! There is never a moment for me to nap b/c literally one of them is always awake. Boone still does not sleep through the night, but he's close. Will not take a paci, but trying so hard to suck his thumb...I think this will help assist in his sleep so I'm totally encouraging it.  By the time night falls I just want some alone time, some me time and then I end up crashing or staying up too late to get things done. I told Andy tonight before he had to leave for a YL meeting that I don't know when I will ever pick up a book and read again. Even my time with the Lord is suffering because I don't carve out time to spend with Him....I am just so tired mentally, physically, and therefore spiritually. Thank you Jesus that you are still with me. Thank you Jesus that you are there when rise in the morning and when we sleep at night. 

I love my boys. We have good days and we have not so good days but they are still my sweet joys. I can't imagine life without them. Wyatt had a hard age 2, we all did, of course I was pregnant for most of that time and that's not always easy. I am really looking forward to age 3. I have already seen changes in him. We have fun little conversations and he is really saying the funnest, cutest things ever, that I wonder what all goes on in that big mind of his. He loves Boone and Boone loves him. When Wyatt is talking or singing Boone is very attentive to him and will smile. The other day I was feeding Boone in his room and Wyatt was in the other room singing loudly and Boone would stop eating to listen and then would start eating again and then stop to listen to his big brother singing at the top of his lungs. Wyatt is very entertaining.

I started out writing this entry worn out and yes I was venting, but I feel like I have ended with a grateful heart for what God has given us...Andrew Wyatt and William Boone. I know this is a season and it will go so quickly that I need to saver these moments with my kids because they will by young men before I know it. Thank you Jesus for reminding me of simple joys and little boys. Night night.


 


Comments

Katie said…
Ok, so your post totally made me tear up! I think b/c I can so identify with so much of what you wrote and feel! First of all... Annie watches way more than 1 hour of tv a day at this point too. the only days she watches a little less tv is when she is in school! Secondly, she was and I think still is terrified of Ursula on the Little Mermaid and still to this day asks me constantly to retell the entire Little Mermaid story and asks about 200 questions about Ursula and why she was mean and what did she do and why is she an octopus and well, you get the picture! Also, I just had a conversation with Jon last night after spending lunch with the staff/elder wives about how much my walk with God has changed in the past 3 years. I listen to these women share how passionate they are about the Lord and where they are in their relationships with Him and I was so challenged and convicted! I have got to find a way to spend time in the Word but every time the thought comes to mind I chose to watch tv, to email, to clean or whatever. I too know that Jesus is loving me through all of this and still calls me his beloved daughter. I am so thankful!!! Anyway, just wanted to tell you I love you and you are doing a wonderful job as a momma! Love you, friend!

Popular Posts