dead battery

What do you do when you get everyone ready for church, everyone showered and clean, diaper bags ready to go, sippy cup and snack for Wyatt after church packed, put Wyatt's car seat back in the car because we had taken it out yesterday, make sure you have turned the coffee off, both kids snapped in their seats ready to go.....and your car will not start?

Well you pull the 1980 CJ-7 out of the garage and jump start the van (because we are not all riding in the jeep 1. because we would smell like exhaust and 2. because the top is not on the jeep-yet). Then you drive around the neighborhood to make sure it runs okay and then pull back into the driveway and turn it off to see what happens. Yep, it would not start. So you pull the jeep back out, jump it again and then EVERYONE (might as well all ride along since we were nice and clean and strappd in our seats) drives to the Auto zone to get a new battery for the van...hoping and praying that we don't run out of gas because the light is on and continues to keep beeping to tell us we are about to run out. So what do you do after you go to Auto zone for the battery that has doubled in price in 2 years?

You go to the Waffle House.  





Comments

notes of em said…
that is a beautiful thing. was this before or after the 'crown incident'?
Glad that you were able to make the best out of a frustrating situation! I didn't know that batteries had become so expensive....but I was surprised when I recently took H and B to Waffle House to find out how expensive it was! They had never eaten at WH and were always asking about it, so I decided we would go one morning for breakfast! I could not believe how expensive everything was! I was trying to get them to split a waffle....but of course Beckett wouldn't have any part of that! I guess I was expecting the prices to go along with the time that your Waffle House pic was taken!
marla said…
HA! I love this story! Sorry about the dead battery though. Glad you made a good situation out of a very frustrating one! Where'd you get that pic of the Waffle House?
Love u-
M

Popular Posts