Camping Trip







Oh yes, the men went camping Saturday night....who needs the woods when you can camp in your backyard! I think Wyatt and Boone have the best daddy in the whole world! I got Andy a tent for his birthday...nothing fancy just something he can take the boys in as they grow. Andy even borrowed our neighbors outdoor fireplace to...you know it....cook hot dogs, tater tots and cream of corn on the iron skillet. This night was for the guys. They ate on the back porch and as you can see Wyatt is loving his cream of corn. I laugh at the last picture because Andy has his headlamp on and check out his black hand from cooking with the skillet. What a man's man. They even finished off with ice cream while watching the football game on Andy's computer. Who knew camping in your backyard could be so much fun and hi-tech. 

Wyatt was so ready to get in the tent and go to sleep...Andy started reading books to him under a flashlight but then Wyatt really just wanted Andy to tell him stories...so that is what they did and sure enough Wyatt fell asleep...at like 10:00. I was so worried he would get cold that I doubled up his pj's and had socks on him and extra blankets on top of his sleeping bag. I even woke up in the middle of the night to text Andy to make sure they were good and Wyatt was not cold. I didn't think they would make it through the night but sure enough they did and at 7:45 the next morning I was greeted with some little cold hands. 

I love and adore that Andy wants to do these things with Wyatt (and Boone too...when he's a little older). This may be the first of many camping trips in our yard because Wyatt had such a blast. 

Comments

Katie said…
This has to be the cutest... sorry, the most manly, adorable thing ever! I am loving it! So glad you took pictures and blogged about this!
marla said…
Where is the antibacterial soap Andy? I am disappointed in your hygene. What are you teaching your boy? I am forwarding this blog entry to the PEHOY (People Exemplifying Hygene for Our Youth)
Tim F.

Popular Posts