
So yes, Wyatt is still in diapers. He will be 3 in November and we are not potty trained. I started the potty training when he turned 2 then I got pregnant and had terrible morning/all day sickness and I stopped the training. I just didn't have the energy. Wyatt is not afraid to go to the potty, he can go just fine...he just doesn't want to. It does not bother him to have a very wet diaper or a very dirty diaper. Doesn't bother him one bit. We have tried jelly beans and M&M's as an incentive to go to the potty. We have put underwear on him in hopes that if he had an accident he would not like how it feels and would use the potty instead. We have tried pull-ups. Nothing. Nothing works. Wyatt is very smart and I know he can do this, he just does not want to. So the other day I was just over changing his diapers since I'm changing a hundred a day with Boone. I thought I would try doing a chart and let him put stickers on it every time he went to the bathroom and then at the end of the day he would get a "surprise" which I thought for sure would work. Well not even that motivated him.
So what do I do? Any suggestions?
The charts I printed off have turned into coloring pages! The other morning Andy and I about flipped out when we saw what Wyatt had done. He had "traced" the "train tracks". To us as parents we went bananas because we just thought this showed maturity in Wyatt to be able to do that.
If he can "color in the lines" why won't he use the potty?
Comments