The Bible, Poncho the Pony and Family

Last night we went and visited with Nana and Papaw. They were keeping our niece and nephew Abbie and Jim for a few days and so we wanted to see them while they were in town...they live in Alabama.


Andy's dad has three horses: Rocky Top, Midnight and Smokey. And one pony: Poncho. A few months back Andy took Wyatt to see his dad and ride Poncho the pony. So as you can imagine Wyatt was THRILLED with joy to go to Nana and Papaw's house.

I made the mistake of telling Wyatt we were going shortly before his nap so of course - he did not nap! What an interesting 2 hours. I really needed him to sleep because we would not be leaving until 4:30 and would not be home until very late - 10:30. During those 2 hours Wyatt talked and sang - alot. He pulled his blinds up on his window...that would be a choking hazard. He took his diaper off and made sure I knew that is was wet. While I was waiting to see if he would ever fall asleep or at least just be still and quiet I hear a "ripping" noise. I thinking he's taking his diaper off but no...he is ripping pages out of his little blue bible that he so dearly loves. Yes, a total of 6 pages are ripped out of Proverbs. I was not happy-at all! Why Wyatt did this, I don't know. He loves his bible, there are times he even wants to sleep with it! I know I will someday look back when he is much older and think oh how sweet, I remember when Wyatt ripped these little tiny pages out...... but I was not having those feelings yesterday. Today as I'm looking at his little blue bible I do laugh because he ripped out Proverbs 31...the Wife of Noble Character. Ha!


Back to family...we had a wonderful time with Nana and Papaw, Megan and Jerrod, Abbie and Jim. Hope you enjoy these pictures. Jim is Andy's brothers little boy. He and Wyatt are 9 weeks apart. Do you think they favor each other?




(A little side note...the very top picture is one Andy took and I LOVE IT...I just wanted to give him props for it.)


Comments

LOVE the pictures! You can tell how much Wyatt loves the pony AND his being with his Papaw! How sweet! Don't you hate it when you realize you've made a BIG mistake by telling them something that should have waited? We are planning to camp THIS FALL when it gets cooler, but B and H talk about it every day, all day and want to know when are we going! It's driving me nuts! Maybe I should re-read Proverbs 31! :)

Popular Posts