Long Weekend...Need to Rest




What an eventful weekend. Friday night we did something a little different, we had a "picnic" on our living room floor and watched a movie with Wyatt. He loved it! I spread out a blanket, Andy grilled hotdogs, and Wyatt of course wanted popcorn so I made some homemade popcorn...which is the best by the way! It was a lot of fun and something we will definitely do again. On Saturday we went to a wedding and Andy took these pictures. I love the one of my belly and Wyatt...we are playing ring-around-the rosie.















We then made our way to Rockin' the Docks which is a really fun event and free! Wyatt LOVES music, so we thought this would be a fun thing for him to see. They only put on 2 for the summer, I'll let you know when the next one is so you can make plans to attend. It starts at 4 and ends at 10 with fireworks. There are different bands that play and you can come by boat or by foot. We went at 4 and this is without Wyatt taking a nap. He was having a fun time but then I think his lack of sleep kicked in. So we only stayed for a little while and sure enough he fell asleep 5 minutes after we got in the car.

So I am thinking Sunday he's going to take an awesome nap, but no. He laid in his bed for an hour and sang the ABC's. He never cried or complained, he just stayed in his bed and sang. I did try a few times to get him to lay down and close his eyes, even take a nap with Mommy, but he decided it was more fun to "honk" my nose. So my sweet mom came and picked him up and he played at "Bobo and Ddad's" house for a couple of hours. I thought this picture of Wyatt trying to get his froggy towel on was cute and a sweet ending to a crazy weekend.


So today, Memorial Day, we are staying home. No plans, just being together, cutting the grass and enjoying some icecream on a cone...at home.









Comments

notes of em said…
I LOVE the belly and Wyatt shot. Such a small belly to. It looks like fun was had by all.

Popular Posts